Monday, February 9, 2009

Goodbye mountains

It is siesta time, the city is asleep, and the only thing to do during the (4 hour) siesta is to go to an internet cafe or eat. I am waiting for my bus which leaves tonight. A 20 hour drive will drop me off in Puerto Madryn, where Julio now lives (he lived in Puerto Deseado when I met him). I will spend about a week there, that will take me to the end of my vacation, and we plan on going kayaking.

Puerto Madryn is a city by the sea, although it is so cold that few people bathe. This is where I learned to scuba dive a few years ago, and I look forward to seeing old friends!

The buses are really comfortable here, and taking an overnight one has the added advantage of saving one night's lodging. The seats are a little like First Class on our planes. Almost fully reclining seats, on board meal service. And toilets where they very clearly tell us to leave only liquids, and to tell the driver if there are any other needs so we can go to a gas station. Like anyone would really embarrass themselves by having the entire bus know they need to go for a poo!

So I leave the mountains and now head for the Patagonian coast. With a bit of luck, we'll get to kayak with pinguins!

1 comment:

  1. Carmencita,

    Bravo pour tes commentaires et impressions... Quels beaux moments tu vis, tu sembles bien en profiter, merci de partager avec nous... on pense à toi... :)

    xoxox
    Ev

    ReplyDelete