Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Feb 11th Puerto Madryn

Julio was waiting at the bus station for me when I arrived from the 20 or so hours it took to get here. The bus was practically empty, a first for me! We had very personalized service (we get served meals and the such on the bus) and it was nice and quiet. And it was great to see Julio. As much as making new friends is fun, getting together with an old one is wonderful. It's comforting to be with someone who knows you.

We dropped off my stuff at Julio's. He was amazed at how much I had! I had already sent him a duffel bag with some stuff I was bringing him (a kayak suit, a tent, a duvet vest for a friend, all stuff that is cheaper in Canada than here) and was arriving with another and a pack. Despite everything I've been leaving to people or losing! (and this list is long).




Julio in a model pose. He hates this picture so I thought to put it on the blog.


That night we had the best meal; this town is known for its fish and seafood, and so we went to a family-owned restaurant where all the food is fresh and fished in a sustainable way. We had seafood salad as an entree, then I had a seafood paella and Julio fish. With, of course, a good bottle of wine, this being Argentina!



The following day, we got up early and went kayaking along the coast. I suspect Julio wanted to know, before we left on a 4 day excursion, whether I had any muscle mass left in my arms and back after being on the mountain for a bit. I was determined to show him I could still paddle!



Loading the kayaks unto the car.



Puerto Madryn is a port city and is also very close to a lot of wildlife. About 40 minutes off from downtown, there is a ¨loberia¨, with lots of seal that one hears way before one sees them.



It was pretty windy, so we couldn't get close enough to take good photos, but it was so gorgeous! The sea is very green in this area, and this contrasts beautifully with the arid landscape.



Coming back was hard work as we were now fighting against the wind. I was happy to be able to work my upper body now after working my legs on the mountain, so this was welcome.

We spent part of the early evening at a little beach bar owned by friends of Julio's (well, this town is not that big, so it seems he knows everyone, every 5 minutes we stop so he can say hello) having beer and corn.





And then it was getting everything ready for our excursion before rushing off to friends' for a pizza. We packed too quickly, which showed in the many things that we missed during the trip itself! But it doesn't matter, I was totally psyched!

1 comment:

  1. These are perfect for guys who have sweaty legs. When you buy most comfortable underwear for men, you're getting a good deal, too. Get more information about best boxers brief on this web.

    ReplyDelete