Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Shopping

I am getting a little tired of this activity. Some of the things I am trying out are not working out, especially the mitts, so I keep going back to exchange them. I am more than thankful for the very cold temperatures we are having, it allows me to test things out in actual bad conditions. Even stuff that always worked out for me before (my running gear, which I have fairly well fine-tuned, since I run outside all winter) has to be re-tested, as up on the mountain, we will be going much slower, and what works great for an hour of high aerobic output won't on an 8 hour trek where I won't always be able to change out of wet clothes and will never be able to duck into a heated place. I probably should have gotten everything I need earlier though. Now my favourite store (Mountain Equipment Coop) is out of mountaineering socks and the mitts I want, category 4 sunglasses (you can't wear regular sunglasses on a mountain that high without risking altitude blindness), and it seems there is always something I've forgotten, whether camp suds or electrolyte pills. Can't wait to be able to say it's all done! I am aiming for Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment